Dear 6th Grade Parents,
Our children have entered their FINAL year at Navy Elementary – hard to believe! In 6th Grade, there are many traditional and fun events that the students will enjoy. We hope you can volunteer for some of the activities to help make this a memorable year for all.
We are asking each family to make a one-time $60 donation to fund these activities and events for the 6th Grade year using one of the following payment options:
- Fill out the donation form at the bottom of this page.
- Checks payable to Navy PTO. Note “6th Grade Donation” and your child’s name on the memo line. Please return to school in an envelope marked on the outside with your child’s name and “6th Grade Donation.”
Teachers will collect the donations and deliver them to the office. We request that you send your donations by Friday, November 15, 2019 so that our Room Parent Committee can make reservations and order t-shirts. The PTO will manage the 6th Grade finances for this event.
We will have drawings each week for special prizes to help collect the money in a timely fashion.
- Custom-designed 6th Grade t-shirt signed by all 6th graders to be ordered and received in the early 2019 timeframe so that the kids can wear them for activities. Please discuss shirt sizing with your child as the students will provide their shirt sizes in a Google form at school. Please contact Jessica Cooley by 10/30/19 if you are concerned about the shirt size: Jessicaleahcooley@gmail.com
- Winter Party – December 19, 2019
- End of the Year Party – June 9, 2020. All-day event with lunch, entertainment, dunk tank, carnival rides & games, DJ, etc. (We will need MANY volunteers; look for SignUp Genius in April)
Additional 6th Grade Events:
- Panoramic 6th grade Class Picture: March 20, 2020 @ 9:00 AM (tentative)
- 6th Grade Slide Show: A Navy tradition, baby/toddler photos will be posted at school in early June. Additionally, there will be a slide show with baby and current pictures at the 6th Grade end of year events and promotion ceremony. Please start looking for a current picture and baby picture as we will be asking for them soon.
- Promotion Ceremony: June 10, 2020 at Chantilly HS.
We are looking forward to a fun & rewarding year!
The 6th Grade EOY Party Committee & Room Parents
Ms. Brown: Nita Payton – NitaLpayton@gmail.com
Dr. Bryson: Srilakshmi Eamani – Eamani001@gmail.com
Mr. Dyer: Jessica Cooley – Jessicaleahcooley@gmail.com, Melissa Ahn – email@example.com, Emily Albelda – firstname.lastname@example.org, Swathi Vuppala – email@example.com, Radha Yellepeddy – Radha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Cohen: Jessica Babington – Jessicababington@hotmail.com
Mr. Byrnes: Lisa Brault – email@example.com, Rachel Ament – firstname.lastname@example.org, Anisha Chugh – Perez.email@example.com, Tina Curtis – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Hafeez: Lena Flanagan – email@example.com
Mrs. Padgett: Alexis Lloyd – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Pensabene: Katie Faircloth – email@example.com