You may receive a bill from a vendor that you would like the Navy PTO to pay for directly. Simply email a copy of the complete bill as an attachment to email@example.com and the Navy PTO Treasurer will initiate the approval and bill payment process.
You might ask, “My vendor wants to be paid on the day of the event. How can we do that?”. Unfortunately the Navy PTO is no longer hand writing checks. While this may cause a headache for some vendors who want same day payment, it is better for the school for financial accountability and auditing purposes to receive a bill and complete the transaction online. If your vendor really needs a check the day of the event, just submit the paperwork early enough so that the check will arrive to you payable to the vendor before your event. You always have the option of paying for it personally and submitting for reimbursement.
We also don’t want people paying for vendor down payments out of their personal money. Just submit the request and we can process it.
The Navy PTO Board will review your request and, if approved, will initiate payment within two weeks.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Please be sure to CC the committee head for your event so they can help stay on budget.
- Reimbursement requests must be submitted within 30 days of the completion of the event.
- Emails without receipts as email attachments will not be processed.
- If your receipt is just an email, please print it as a PDF and forward the original email with the PDF attachment to email@example.com.
- In order to be accepted, the attached receipts must be legible photo or PDF files and must include date, all line item details, and amount.
Make sure to include the following information in the body of your email or your reimbursement request may not be processed.
- Your name & phone number (in case there are questions)
- Navy PTO event / activity
- Date of Event
- Check payable to Vendor Name
- Valid address to mail the check
- Phone number (this is required by the bank)
- Account Number with the Vendor (this is required by the bank)
- Amount to be paid
- Are you requesting the check ahead of the event? Yes / No
- Whether the expense is included in the annual budget or the date of board meeting when it was approved
- Meaningful description of the expenditure or any other information the board might need to process your request.